We support 'Eat Out to Help Out'.
The UK government has announced a new scheme to encourage people to dine in at restaurants across the country.
Don't forget to use the offer.
Customers will be able to get a huge 50% off their bill (up to a maximum of £10 per person) when they ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday in August.
At sync., we think it is incredibly important to support small businesses like restaurants and cafes who have struggled during the Covid-19 lockdown. This is a great opportunity to help out restaurants stay afloat while also helping your pocket – and you get to enjoy some great food as well!
Here are some ideas to make the most of the new scheme.
- Go for a run or a morning walk, and stop by an eatery for a bacon sandwich as a treat on your way home.
- Visit a cafe for some fruit toast or a pastry with a fruit smoothie.
- On your lunch break, walk to a nearby coffee shop for a cup of tea and a cake.
- Eat-in at a local deli and enjoy a delicious baguette or panini.
- Have a hearty sandwich with chips at a nearby pub.
Read on for more ideas below…
Evening ideas to eat out to help out
- Visit your local Italian restaurant for pizza that is much better than at home.
- Enjoy some al-fresco dining on a warm evening at a bistro restaurant.
- Taste authentic international flavours from speciality restaurants.
- Devour some pub grub at your local (remember that alcohol isn’t included in the 50% off deal).
- Treat yourself to a tasting menu at a Michelin star restaurant.
Eating out two or three times a week could save you more than £100 over the month, so it is definitely worth visiting some of your favourite restaurants.
Remember to keep safe while you eat out by keeping a two-metre distance from other people as much as possible. Don’t forget to use contactless with your sync. card when you dine out to avoid touching a card machine or cash.
Find out which restaurants, pubs and cafes near you are participating by checking the official list here.
Let’s make a difference.
Share this article
to download on